In order to maximize the quality of care and the individual attention given to each child, the ages of the children are carefully balanced. A Family Child Care Provider may only care for a maximum of six children, including his/her own. Only three of the six children may be under the age of 3 years, of which only two can be under the age of 2 years.
All day home providers are screened and approved by Children’s Choice Community Child Care Services in conjunction with Calgary and Area Child & Family Services Authority.
The agency provides a variety of learning opportunities to all our providers to assist in the quality care of your child. Topics have included Behaviour Guidance Techniques, Nutrition and Health Planning, Professionalism and boundaries etc.
What we have to offer:
- Full and part time care for children 0-12
- Approved and monitored child care homes
- The agency makes monthly unannounced monitoring visits to all our family child care homes
- Child Care Subsidy is available to families that qualify
- Regular parent contacts
- Monthly newsletters
- Family & parent resource referrals
- Providers meet the Family Day Home standards for Alberta
- Nutritious snacks and meals that follow Canada Food Guide
- Meet the Alberta Child Care Accreditation Standards