Opening a Family Day Home
The following is required:
- First Aid/ CPR qualification
- Provider should be willing to participate in ongoing training and gain a child care assistant designation. This course is offered through various colleges as well as online free of charge: http://childcare.basecorp.com
- A criminal record check dated no less than six months before opening the home. The check will need to be renewed every three years.
- We also require anyone over the age of 18 to have a criminal record check completed and those children over 12 have to have a signed letter from the provider that their criminal history is clear.
- Three Professional References will be required.
Once these forms have been completed and returned to the agency, we will arrange a time to meet with you in your home and to do an interview and preliminary safety check. We may suggest some changes to ensure your space is safe for the children you will be caring for.
On our visit we will need to see the areas of your home you will be using for your child care business as well as the equipment and toys you have and what you will need to acquire before opening your dayhome.
A second visit will be arranged once your home is ready an safety recommendations completed. At this time the agency forms and resource binder will be reviewed and contracts signed. The whole process usually takes about three weeks however, it is dependent on how fast the reference and security checks come back to our office.